WHy choose us
why choose custom castings?
Custom Castings prides itself on being at the forefront of the manufacturing industry, a world-class permanent mold caster. From our state-of-the-art machinery and technology to the wealth of expertise our team members bring to the table, Custom Castings can take your project from start to finish economically and efficiently. Consider it done!
As part of Nordstern Group, Custom Castings is a single-source Canadian manufacturing facility designed to alleviate logistical concerns and reduce costs. Nordstern Group is a vertically integrated group of experienced operating companies that manufacture the many parts the world needs.
Custom Castings specializes in aluminum and zinc alloy castings, but unlike other manufacturers, we can lean on our partner companies to provide a comprehensive manufacturing solution for our customers. Our team customizes a solution to meet exact specifications and requirements, without compromising quality.
In addition to our core services of Design Engineering/Tool Design, Permanent Mold Casting, CNC Machining, and Surface Coating, Custom Castings is also pleased to provide the following in-house services:
- Heat Treatment: To improve the mechanical and physical properties of an aluminum casting, Custom Castings provides solution heat treating, using state-of-the-art oven systems.
- Assembly/Pick and Pack: In order to provide a more turnkey part for our customers, we provide light assembly such as installing components in addition to pick-and-pack services.
- Dynamic Balancing
- Pressure Testing
- Vibratory Finishing: This is the finish process we use to deburr, radius, descale, burnish, and clean metal castings.
- Shot Blasting (Wheelabrating/Beadblasting): This process involves rapidly impacting the surface of a casting with a controlled stream of abrasive shot material to prepare the surface to certain specifications.
Each and every step of the process has been meticulously analyzed so that production is streamlined and cost-effective. And we’re always looking at ways of improving our process with our clients in mind. Whether you require one or ten services, we can help at every step of the process.
For more than 40 years, Custom Castings has specialized in manufacturing high-quality permanent mold aluminum and zinc alloy castings. Housed in a 50,000 square-foot facility, Custom Castings offers the complete solution from raw material to finished and packaged goods by investing in the most trusted and state-of-the-art technologies in the industry.
- 12x Crucible style aluminum melting furnaces
- 1x Reverb style aluminum melting furnace
- Automated Casting Cell – Includes 2x Hall 6H tilt pour machines, and (1) ABB IRB6640 Robot
- 2x Hall 3H tilt pour machines
- 16x Custom “4-way” casting tables
- 2x Solution heat treat systems
- Magma solidification software
- 1x Harrison 1818 Dual Station Core Machine
- 1X Beardsley & Piper SF10 Corematic
- 1x Makino MMC Machining cell – Includes (2) Makino A61 Horizontal Machining Centers, 24 Pallet Pool, 500 mm pallets, 4 axis
- 3x Makino A61nx Horizontal Machining Centers, 500 mm pallets, 4 axis
- 1x Haas VF4 Vertical CNC Machining Center
- 2x Mazak 300M CNC lathes, 3 axis with live tooling
- 1x Mazak 300 CNC lathe, 3 axis
- 1x Brown and Sharpe One DCC CMM
- 1x Extrude Hone C-250 Thermal Deburring Machine
- 1x Automated Machining cell – Includes (1) Matsuura MX330 5 Axis, (1) Fanuc D21SIB5 Robodrill, and (1) Yaskawa GP25 Robot